January is the perfect time to get your annual wellness visit and be proactive with your healthcare. It’s also a great time to discuss your preventative care plan with your physician for the upcoming year, to ensure you’re both on the same page, and to get clarification on any health questions you may have.
An annual wellness visit is different than your annual physical. During a physical, your healthcare provider usually performs a head-to-toe examination, runs some blood tests, etc. An annual wellness exam instead focuses on your healthcare plan, assessments, questionnaires, and screening checklists. (1)
If you’re a Medicare recipient, your annual wellness visit is free. (2) According to the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, some of the activities that are part of the annual wellness visit include the following:
- Health Risk Assessment questionnaire
- A review of your medical and family history
- Developing or updating a list of current providers and prescriptions
- Height, weight, blood pressure, and other routine measurements
- Detection of any cognitive impairment
- Personalized health advice
- A list of risk factors and treatment options for you
- A screening schedule (like a checklist) for appropriate preventive services.
- Advance Care Planning
Schedule your annual wellness visit at Horizon Family Medical Group.
For additional information about your annual wellness visit, check out this great fact sheet from Families USA. (3)
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Get the latest news, updates, and educational articles (like this one) from Horizon Family Medical Group. Stay in touch and share with friends.